This activity is being offered as an enduring online program
3.0 Contact Hours, 0.3 Ceus
Pharmacist's in all practice settings.
Commencing with registration period beginning on or after January 1, 2023, a licensee shall complete as part of the 45 hours of formal continuing education at least three hours of formal continuing education acceptable to the department in compounding. This online enduring compounding three-hour continuing education activity meets this requirement.
1. Identify best practices in a compounding pharmacy to help promote employee and patient safety.
2. Review basic principles of USP Chapter <795>.
3. Discuss appropriate Beyond Use Dates (BUDs) for nonsterile compounded preparations and describe the revised requirements for assigning beyond-use-dates to CSPs.
4. Identify the steps required for proper development of master formulation records and compounding records.
5. Define sterile compounding and describe the scope of USP General Chapter <797>.
6. Identify category 1, 2 and 3 compounded sterile preparations (CSPs) according to the revised USP General Chapter <797>.
This activity contains a pre-test, compounding presentations, educational reference material, post-test, and a program evaluation. Successfully completion requires achieving a score of 70% or higher on the post-test.
Joseph Catanese, PharmD
Williamsville, New York
Karl D. Fiebelkorn, RPh, MBA
Senior Associate Dean
Clinical Associate Professor
Pharmacy Practice & Administration
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
University at Buffalo
Emily Polischuk, PharmD, BCPPS
Clinical Assistant Professor
Director of Practice Labs
School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
University at Buffalo
General Registration $45.00
Please review all activity information carefully. Once registration of the program and the pre-test has been completed, refunds are unavailable. If you have registered, but not yet begun the program, please contact the CE office at email@example.com
The University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
The "UB Compounding Pharmacy Continuing Education Activity", a knowledge-based activity, has been assigned ACPE #0044-0000-23-017-H07-P and will award 3 contact hours (0.3 ceus.) of home study continuing education credit. No partial credit will be awarded.
CE credit will be uploaded to the CPE Monitor within 2 weeks of successful program completion.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org