Our office provides content expertise, leadership, and consultation services to support the school’s use of best practices and empirical evidence to guide practice and support ongoing quality improvement efforts.
The office carries out its mission by:
- Designing, implementing, and assessing evaluation systems and instruments to collect high quality data to support evidence-based decision making and quality improvement efforts;
- Monitoring the school’s success in meeting strategic plan targets;
- Evaluating structure, process and outcomes of the school and its programs and sharing this data with national organizations as appropriate (e.g., AACP and ACPE);
- Advancing the use of current and emerging best practices in teaching, learning, and assessment,
- Providing consultation, faculty development programming, and content expertise support to foster institutional, faculty and student success;
- Collaborating with the school’s Curriculum Committee and Assessment Committee to advance the school’s academic mission;
- Serving on national, regional, university, and school-based committees to represent the school’s interests in the areas of curriculum, assessment, accreditation, and outcomes management; and
- Contributing scholarly work to advance health sciences and pharmacy education.