The student calendars facilitate communication and collaboration among students, staff and faculty, ensuring everyone stays informed about important dates, deadlines and students' schedules, leading to a more efficient and supportive learning environment.
Refer to the following instructions for how to add the SPPS shared student calendars to Outlook.com and Google.
Add the calendar using Outlook.com (not the desktop or mobile app). Afterward, the calendars will show up on your computer and phone automatically.
1. Go to Outlook.com and log into your UB email account. Note: If the web page opens directly to your email, click the user initials or picture in the top, right corner of the page and verify you are logged into your @buffalo.edu account. If not, click “Sign Out”, then log back in using your UB email address and password.
2. Click the calendar icon located in the left column (refer to Figure 1).
3. Click the “Add Calendar” link along the left side of your calendar (refer to Figure 2).
4. Click the “Add from directory” link in the left column (refer to Figure 3).
5. Under the section “Please select an account to search from,” click the drop down box and select your UB email account (refer to Figure 4).
6. Enter one of the following calendar names. The name and calendar description should search automatically as you type (refer to Figure 5).
7. Click the “Add” button (refer to Figure 6). Leave as "Other calendars."
8. Repeat steps six and seven to add additional calendars.
Once the calendars have been added via Outlook.com, they should appear automatically in your Outlook Desktop or Outlook Mobile apps. At this time, these are the only three options supported for accessing the calendars.
For pharmacy-specific IT questions, or to reserve equipment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Equipment reservation requests need to include the information below.
Computer labs rules and regulations are strictly enforced and include, but are not limited to:
See Printing in the Pharmacy Building to enable printing from personal computers to the public printers in rooms 260, 340 and 440.
All UB SPPS students receive an allocation equivalent to 1,000 single-sided pages fall and spring semesters. When a student prints to any printer connected to our internal print server (Klonopin), the print job is subtracted from their quota.
Student print quotas will not roll-over from semester to semester; you will receive a new quota each semester.
Once you exhaust your SPPS printing allocation, you will need to use UB Print Anywhere (powered by Wepa). Quota and print kiosk location information can be found at: https://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/services/print-anywhere.html
The following printers can be accessed from personal and lab workstation computers:
For Pharmaceutical Sciences graduate students: the Departmental photocopier and printers are not to be used for copying and printing personal items. It should be used only for departmental activities, which include your research work, but not your individual course work, unless specifically approved by a faculty member. If you are unsure, please check with your advisor.
UB provides comprehensive information for all campus based IT services and support areas including: account information, wi-fi, teaching technologies, file storage and sharing, hardware, software, other campus based computing sites, email, calendars and social media.
Your UB Card is your official University at Buffalo ID and is used across campus: Getting into your residence hall, working out at the gym, and attending campus events are all made easy with this multi-purpose card.