Denise Swiatek BS, PharmD
Education and Training:
- PharmD, SUNY UB School of Pharmacy, High Honors (1996)
- BPharm, Rutgers University College of Pharmacy, With Honors (1992)
- Director of Clinical Research Pharmacy Services, SUNY UB CTRC's Clinical Research Center (2017-present)
- Ambulatory Academic Educator, NYS Department of Health & SUNY UB SPPS (2015-present)
- Clinical Research Pharmacist, SUNY UB SPPS (2014-present)
- Clinical Instructor for Pharmacy Technicians, SUNY ECC / Bryant & Stratton (2014–2017)
- Clinical Pharmacist, Kaleida Health - Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital (2008–2016)
- Clinical & Research Pharmacist, Dent Neurologic Institute (1998–2002)
- Neuropharmacology Fellowship, Dent Neurologic Institute (1996–1998)
- Staff Pharmacist, Kaleida Health - Buffalo General Hospital (1994–1996)
- Staff Pharmacist, Hackettstown Community Hospital (1992–1994)
- Pharmacy Technician, Rockaway Pharmacy (1992)
- Industry Summer Intern, SmithKline Beecham Research Center (1991)
- Industry Summer Intern, Berlex Laboratories (1990)
- Swiatek D, Bosso NA, Hughes LP. Naltrexone for the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder in the Primary Care Setting. US Pharmacist. 2018; 43(8).
- Swiatek D, Daly C. Not Just Dispensing: The Unique Role of Pharmacists in an Outpatient Research Pharmacy. Pharmacy Times - Careers. 2016.
- Fullerton T, Komorowski-Swiatek D, Forrest A, Gengo FM.. Pharmacodynamics of Sumatriptan in Nitroglycerin-Induced Headache. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 1999; 39.
Books and Book Chapters:
- Komorowski-Swiatek D and Pasko M. Anticoagulation Management Module. 2001.
- Komorowski-Swiatek D, Fullerton D. Cerebrovascular Disease. Therapeutics in the Elderly. 2001.
- "Dispensing Nalxone via a Non-Patient Specific Prescription Update: The Role of the Community Pharmacist" UB SPPS Continuing Education Program (2017)
- "Legal and Clinical Update on the Role of Naloxone in the NYS Opioid Crisis" NYS ACCP Fall Clinical Meeting (2016)
- "Overview of UB SPPS Research Pharmacy" UB Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences Seminar (2015)
- "The Role of the Pharmacist in the Management of Primary Headache Disorders" PAWNY Continuing Education Program (2001)
- "Point of Care PT/INR Instruments" ASHP Anticoagulation Management Service Traineeship Program (2000)
- "Oral Anticoagulation in the Secondary Prevention of Ischemic Stroke & TIAs" , UB Continuing Education Program (1999)
- "The Role of Oral Anticoagulants in Cerebrovascular Disease" ASHP Anticoagulation Management Service Traineeship Program (1999)
- "A Patient‘s Guide to Coumadin" Coumadin Town Hall Meetiing (1999)
- "Anticoagulation Service at the Dent Neurologic Institute" ASHP Anticoagulation Management Service Traineeship Program (1998)
- "The Role of the Pharmacist in the Managment of Primary Headache Disorders" Onodaga County Pharmaceutical Society (1997)
- "The Pharmacologic Managment of Primary Headache Disorders" WNY Chapter of AANN (1997)
- "Update on the Role of Thrombolytics in the Treatment of Acute Stroke" UB SPPS - Dept of Pharmacy Seminar (1996)
- "Valproic Acid in the Prevention of Adult Migraines" UB SPPS - Dept of Pharmacy Seminar (1995)
In the Media: