On Oct. 25, 2018, the School of Pharmacy Student Association (SPSA) held its annual Fall Networking Event at the Hotel Lafayette.
The event gave more than 100 students the opportunity to network with local and regional professionals in a wide variety of fields, including hospital, community, industry, managed care, and more.
Faculty participants included Nicole Albanese, clinical assistant professor, pharmacy practice, and Edward Russak, senior research scientist.
Many alumni engaged with students at the event:
- Martin Burruano, BS ’86, Vice President of Pharmacy Operations, Independent Health
- Kyle Mack, PharmD/JD ‘11, Senior Associate, Phillips Lytle, LLP
- Kristen Fodero, PharmD ‘14, Clinical Pharmacist, VA Hospital
- James Gaiser, BS ‘97, Pharmacy District Manager, Rite Aid Corporation
- Milad Elchibani, PharmD ‘07, Pharmacy District Manager, Rite Aid Corporation
- Michael Milazzo, PharmD ’05, Clinical Pharmacist, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Brian Gucwa, PharmD ’07, Regional Director, CVS
- Jessie Imes, PharmD ’10, District Leader, CVS
- Susan Novotny-Cannata, BS ’92, Pharmacy Operations Manager, Wegmans
- Jessica Costello, PharmD ’18, PGY 1 Community Pharmacy Resident, Middleport Family Health Center
- Heidi Polek, BS ’89, Retail Account Manager, Astra Zeneca
- Courtney Cardinal, PharmD ’17, PGY2 Ambulatory Care Resident, General Physician PC
- Hailey Lipinski, PGY2 Ambulatory Care Resident, Buffalo Medical Group
Several other companies and industries were also represented:
- Robert Augustine, Pharmacy District Manager, Rite Aid Corporation
- Brian Burns, Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Christina Lombardi, PGY 2 Pharmacy Oncology Resident, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Paul Levesque, Director of Pharmacy Services, Rochester Drug Cooperative
- Christine Sher, HMC (FMF), Navy Officer Recruiter Station Buffalo
- Aaron Shaw, Assistant Director of Recruitment, UB School of Management
- Travis Joseph, US Army Medical Service Corps
The School of Pharmacy Student Association represents the student body and sponsors social functions. It is comprised of the class officers and officers of the other student organizations.
For over 130 years, the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences has continually been a leader in the education of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists, renowned for innovation in clinical practice and research. The school is accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) and is the No. 1 ranked school of pharmacy in New York State and No. 22 in the United States by U.S. News & World Report.