University at Buffalo - The State University of New York
Skip to Content

Computer Labs


All UB SPPS students receive an allocation equivalent to 1,000 single-sided pages during each of the fall and spring semesters. When a student prints to any printer connected to our internal print server (Klonopin), the print job is subtracted from their quota. All balances carry over from fall to spring semester only. 

Once you exhaust your printing allocation, you will need to use iprint@ub at any UB public computing lab. The iprint@ub allocation is the dollar equivalent of 650 single sided pages for the fall and spring semesters, and 200 single sided pages for summer session registrants. Allocations roll over between semesters, but not between academic years. Should iprint@ub allocations be exhausted, additional pages can be purchased using Campus Cash, or copier debit cards in the libraries.

The following printers can be accessed from personal and lab workstation computers:

  • K130: Gumtow Library
  • K252: Model Pharmacy
  • K268: Cecil and Violet Newton Computer Lab
  • K345: Milo Gibaldi Computational Room
  • K340: 3rd Floor Lounge
  • K440: 4th Floor Lounge

Kapoor Computer Lab Rules

Rules concerning the use of the computer labs are strictly enforced and include, but are not limited to:

  • Only current UB SPPS students are allowed access to Kapoor Hall computer labs.
  • No food or drinks are allowed.
  • Entrance doors to the lab must be closed and locked at all times. Students are given swipe-card access.
  • Only business associated with student life (education, campus information) may be accessed or downloaded in the labs. Students found downloading materials illegally will be dismissed.
  • All equipment and materials are to be respected.

Any student in violation of computer lab rules will have his/her privilege removed for one semester.

Other Campus Computing Sites

Wireless computer technologies are integrated throughout the campus. UB’s CIT operates several public computing sites on the North and South campuses. A valid UBITName is required to use public computing sites. A list of public computing sites is available on the UBIT website.

"); pageTracker._trackPageview();