Day 3 - Controlled Substances
Friday, June 10, 2022
6 Contact Hrs. or 0.6 (CEUS)
Live CE via Webinar Only
Pharmacists in all practice settings and pharmacy graduates in preparation for the board exam.
Pharmacists in all practice settings need a working knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations that govern medication in NYS. As the scope of practice changes, newer regulations govern the practice in different ways; pharmacists must then assimilate the newer information into existing regulations and practices. This lecture will be a comprehensive review of practice laws governing pharmacists and pharmacies in NYS and will include newer information on federal and state laws, rules and regulations. Pharmacists who attend this lecture will be able to review existing regulations and incorporate the new parameters into their individual practice sites.
1. Describe the information requirements for written, e-prescribed, verbal prescriptions and medical orders that contain controlled medications
2. Identify the various schedules of controlled substances, the medications in each schedule and the impact of these schedules as they apply to community and institutional practice
3. Discuss the prevalence of drug abuse and regulations involving pharmacy practice
4. Define the requirements necessary under the Federal Controlled Substance Act for e-prescribing of controlled substances
5. List the requirements that the NYS Bureau of Controlled Substances requires for the e-prescribing of controlled substances and the use of the Prescription Monitoring Program
6. Identify the ordering, inventory control procedures, transfer, security, and storage of controlled substances
7. Explain the current regulations for controlled substance in pharmacy and their effect on pharmacy practice in institutions
8. Recite the pharmacists’ responsibility for compliance with the federal and state regulations concerning proper drug disposal of controlled substances
9. Describe the changes in the laws and regulations concerning the new Cannabis Control Board and its governance concerning the licensing and sale of cannabinoid hemp, medical and adult use marijuana
Please be sure to join the webinar at least 15 minutes before the program begins.
You must join the webinar with your FIRST AND LAST NAME to ensure receiving CE credit.
No partial credit will be awarded.
Controlled Substances - 5 hours
9:00 am to Noon
Noon-1:00 pm - Break
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Resume Lecture
4:00 pm Questions & Answers
Online evaluation, a url will be provided at the conclusion of the activity.
Karl D. Fiebelkorn, RPh, MBA
Senior Associate Dean
Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice & Administration
University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
Day 3, Friday, June 10th
Pharmacists, Fellows, Residents - $90.00
Non-UB newly graduated (non-licensed attendees) - $70.00
UB 2022 newly graduated (non-licensed attendees) - $55.00
We reserve the right to cancel this program due to such factors as insufficient registration. Registrants will be notified in this case. Requests for refunds, minus a $20 service charge, must be in writing and will be honored up to one week prior to the program. After that time, no refunds will be made.
The University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program has been accredited as a live knowledge-based activity. Credit will uploaded directly to the CPE Monitor for pharmacists who participate in all activity components of the webinar. No partial credit will be awarded.
This 27th Annual Comprehensive Pharmacy Law Review 2022, Day 3, Controlled Substances, Friday, June 10th, ACPE# 0044-0000-22-016-L03-P, has been accredited for 6 Contact Hrs., 0.6 (CEUS) of pharmacy education.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org