Day 2 - General Regulations Continued
Thursday, June 9, 2022
4 Contact Hrs. or 0.4 (CEUS)
Live CE via Webinar Only
Pharmacists in all practice settings and pharmacy graduates in preparation for the board exam.
Pharmacists in all practice settings need a working knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations that govern medication in NYS. As the scope of practice changes, newer regulations govern the practice in different ways; pharmacists must then assimilate the newer information into existing regulations and practices. This lecture will be a comprehensive review of practice laws governing pharmacists and pharmacies in NYS and will include newer information on federal and state laws, rules and regulations. Pharmacists who attend this lecture will be able to review existing regulations and incorporate the new parameters into their individual practice sites.
1. Discuss the consultant pharmacist roles in nursing home vending and consultation
2. Differentiate the current regulations concerning the prepackaging, the commingling, the return and disposal of medications
3. Explain the current changes in regulations in pharmacy health care facilities
4. Define the current regulations in dispensing needles and syringes in NYS
5. List the new requirements in the Affordable Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
6. Explain the pharmacists’ responsibility under the new Drug Quality and Security Act
7. Recognize the public safety laws that affect pharmacy practice including the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, the Anti-Tampering Act and regulations for self-defense sprays
8. Discuss the current regulations concerning the use of noncontrolled and controlled substances in emergency boxes in an institutional setting
9. Describe the registration and duties of pharmacy technicians and the responsibility of pharmacist oversight
Please be sure to join the webinar at least 15 minutes before the program begins.
You must join the webinar with your FIRST AND LAST NAME to ensure receiving CE credit.
No partial credit will be awarded.
Second portion of lecture on General Regulations - 4 hours
10 am to 12 pm- Lecture
Noon-1 pm - Break
1 pm to 3 pm - Resume Lecture
3 pm Questions & Answers
Online evaluation, a url will provided at the conclusion of the activity
Karl D. Fiebelkorn, RPh, MBA
Senior Associate Dean
Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice & Administration
University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
Day 2, Thursday, June 9th
Pharmacists, Fellows, Residents - $80.00
Non-UB newly graduated (non-licensed attendees) - $60.00
UB 2022 newly graduated (non-licensed attendees) - $45.00
We reserve the right to cancel this program due to such factors as insufficient registration. Registrants will be notified in this case. Requests for refunds, minus a $20 service charge, must be in writing and will be honored up to one week prior to the program. After that time, no refunds will be made.
The University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program has been accredited as a live knowledge-based activity. Credit will uploaded directly to the CPE Monitor for pharmacists who participate in all activity components of the webinar. No partial credit will be awarded.
This 27th Annual Comprehensive Pharmacy Law CE Review 2022, Day 2, General Regulations, Thursday, June 9th, ACPE# 0044-0000-22-015-L03-P, has been accredited for 4 Contact Hrs., 0.4 (CEUS) of pharmacy education.
Please email email@example.com