Day 1 - General Regulations
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
4 Contact Hrs. or 0.4 (CEUS)
Live CE via Webinar Only
Pharmacists in all practice settings and pharmacy graduates in preparation for the board exam.
Pharmacists in all practice settings need a working knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations that govern medication in NYS. As the scope of practice changes, newer regulations govern the practice in different ways; pharmacists must then assimilate the newer information into existing regulations and practices. This lecture will be a comprehensive review of practice laws governing pharmacists and pharmacies in NYS and will include newer information on federal and state laws, rules and regulations. Pharmacists who attend this lecture will be able to review existing regulations and incorporate the new parameters into their individual practice sites.
1. Describe current legislative issues affecting the pharmacy profession in NYS
2. Explain the current scopes of practice for the prescribing professionals in NYS
3. Discuss the current scope of practice for pharmacists
4. List the information requirements for written, e-prescribed, verbal prescriptions and medical orders that contain noncontrolled drugs, syringes and needles
5. Identify the Federal and State requirements concerning patient counseling and patient information materials
6. Describe the current regulations involving the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the HIPAA HITECH Act and the pharmacists’ responsibilities
7. Identify the role of the supervising pharmacist and cite the responsibilities involved
8. Define the licensing and registration requirements of the pharmacist, pharmacy interns and proposed technician certification
9. Review the pharmacist responsibilities under the current (new) immunization regulations and collaborative drug therapy management
Please be sure to join the webinar at least 15 minutes before the program begins.
You must sign in with your FIRST AND LAST NAME to ensure receiving CE credit.
No partial credit will be awarded.
First portion of lecture on General Regulations - 4 hours
10 am to 12 pm - Lecture
Noon -1 pm Break
1 pm to 3 pm - Resume Lecture
3 pm - Questions & Answers
Online Evaluation, a url will be provided at the conclusion of the activity
Karl D. Fiebelkorn, RPh, MBA
Senior Associate Dean
Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice & Administration
University at Buffalo, School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
Day 1, Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Pharmacists, Fellows, Residents - $80.00
Non-UB newly graduated (non-licensed attendees) - $60.00
UB 2022 newly graduated (non-licensed attendees) - $45.00
We reserve the right to cancel this program due to such factors as insufficient registration. Registrants will be notified in this case. Requests for refunds, minus a $20 service charge, must be in writing and will be honored up to one week prior to the program. After that time, no refunds will be made.
The University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program has been accredited as a live knowledge-based activity. Credit will uploaded directly to the CPE Monitor for pharmacists who participate in all activity components of the webinar. No partial credit will be awarded.
This 27th Annual Comprehensive Pharmacy Law Review 2022, Day 1, General Regulations, Wednesday, June 8th, ACPE# 0044-0000-22-014-L03-P, has been accredited for 4 Contact Hrs., 0.4 (CEUS) of pharmacy education.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org