All prerequisite science and math courses must be completed by the end of the spring semester prior to fall matriculation.
- General Chemistry I and II with Laboratory: CHE 101 with CHE 113 and CHE 102 with CHE 114 OR CHE 105 and CHE 106
- Organic Chemistry I and II with Laboratory: CHE 201 and CHE 202 OR CHE 251 and CHE 252
- Introductory Biology I and II with Laboratory: BIO 200 and BIO 201
- Microbiology with Laboratory: MIC 401 OR MIC 301
- Biochemistry: BIO 305 OR BCH 403
- Anatomy: PAS 113 OR ES 207
- Physiology: PGY 300 OR PGY 451 and PGY 452
- Calculus I and II: MTH 121 and MTH 122 OR MTH 141 and MTH 142
- Statistics: STA 119 OR PSY 207 OR SOC 294 OR NSG 295
- UB Curriculum
Where to complete prerequisites: The following prerequisite courses may be completed prior to high school graduation through AP or IB exam credit articulation: Biology, Chemistry, Calculus, Statistics, and/or UB Curriculum Requirements. Courses may be completed at another SUNY campus or other four-year college or university once enrolled at UB. Non-UB courses must be articulated through UB’s Course Equivalencies Guide.
UB Curriculum: The UB Curriculum is a unique program of general education for all undergraduate students at UB. Serving as the core academic experience, it celebrates the joy of intellectual discovery and prepares students for life, career and citizenship in a diverse and dynamic world. Students must complete the UB Curriculum prior to fall matriculation in the (P1) first professional year of the PharmD program. UB Curriculum courses may be completed during the summer prior to fall entry into the PharmD.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30 in all pre-pharmacy science and math courses is required.
To best prepare for our pre-pharmacy curriculum, high school students should take math courses and science courses including calculus, biology, chemistry and physics.
Our pre-pharmacy students benefit from many helpful opportunities including orientation, academic advising and our pre-pharmacy student association.