Congratulations to Sathy Balu-Iyer, Nicholas Fusco, '10,
and Calvin Meaney, '11, on their 2017 Outstanding Teacher
Each spring , we recognize faculty members who have demonstrated
excellence and innovation in teaching and mentoring in the
University at Buffalo Doctor of Pharmacy Program, BS in
Pharmaceutical Sciences Program, or Graduate Program.
Individuals are recognized for one or more of their efforts
- Innovative course design, development, and implementation in
the past five years
- Improvement of existing courses on an ongoing basis
- Enhancing student learning through activities inside and
outside the classroom
- Promoting student learning through the implementation of
pedagogical and active learning
- Participating and contributing to the school’s academic,
advising and student activities
Nominations must be submitted via our online form, and
- (1) How the nominee has demonstrated excellence, innovation and
effectiveness in undergraduate, professional or graduate
teaching/mentoring in the areas highlighted above, and
- (2) In what teaching capacity these skills were directly
observed by the nominator.
The nominating letter must contain the nominator’s name
and e-mail address.