The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences offers collaborative programs that involve advanced coursework and intense graduate level research training in the Pharmaceutical Sciences. The doctor of pharmacy/doctor of philosophy in pharmaceutical sciences is typically seven years.
The program integrates the skills and knowledge of pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacy practice with a focus on cutting-edge research for the development of treatments to prevent disease and improve health.
Prepares students for research positions in...
- Pharmaceutical companies in areas of drug development and clinical application
- Research institutes
- Federal and other regulatory agencies
Pharmaceutical Sciences applications open in July and are due February 15th.
- Apply to the PharmD program.
- Apply to the PharmD/MS program during your P1, P2 or P3 year.
- Apply to the PharmD/PhD program during your P3 year only if already admitted to the PharmD/MS. If not, apply to the PharmD/MS and then apply to the PharmD/PhD during your P4 year.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the required courses of the PharmD program and in the MS program. Students should not have been on academic probation for any semester in the graduate or professional program.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Research experience is desirable. Students should identify a faculty mentor in the Pharmaceutical Sciences prior to application.
- Note: Bachelor’s degree and GRE are NOT required for PharmD candidates.
Contact Dr. Murali Ramanathan firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-4846.