Our comprehensive MS program in pharmaceutical sciences has internationally renowned faculty in the fields of drug development and delivery whose research and cutting edge knowledge has resulted in many novel drug delivery approaches and treatments. Their expertise provides students with a better understanding of how the chemical and physical properties of drugs and their dosage forms affect drug performance in a variety of disease systems.
The program should take two-to three-years to complete and a minimum of 30 graduate credits are required. Students may choose from one of the following focus concentration areas:
Applications open July 1st and are due February 15th. Decisions are emailed by mid-April.
Upload your unofficial GRE scores to your application and have them sent to UB electronically. UB's institution code is 2925 and our department code is 0613. UB SPPS does not have a minimum GRE requirement. However, competitive applicants typically present a score of at least 300. To compute the GRE, we sum the scores for Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning. Note: we will proceed with your application with your unofficial uploaded scores.
International applicants - see next step regarding TOEFL or IELTS scores.
International students apply online using the same method as other students, but must supply additional information if admitted.
Accepted International Applicants: If you receive an admissions offer, you will be asked to submit the following items (you do not have to submit them now).
1. TOEFL or IELTS - Upload your unofficial TOEFL or IELTS scores to your application and have them sent to UB electronically. UB's institution code is 2925 and our department code is 47. For IELTS, select "University at Buffalo, State University of New York (SUNY)." See English Proficiency for minimum score requirements and waivers/exceptions. Waivers are processed and considered after acceptance into the department.
2. Passport biographical page - Scan a copy or take a picture of the page from your passport that includes your name, citizenship and date of birth.
3. Financial form - Complete the financial form with the person(s) who will be paying your tuition.
4. Bank statement - Provide a bank statement showing that you and your sponsor(s) have enough money to pay your first year’s total costs. See International Cost of Attendance.
5. Current US Immigration documents - If you are already in the US on a visa, provide copies of your current immigration documents. These may include your current I-20, visa, receipt/approval notice from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or any legal documents pertaining to your immigration status.
6. Transcribed official transcripts and official proof of degree - may be presented in person to International Admissions and immediately returned.
These items are only required if admitted. Requested documents must be uploaded to the UB Online Graduate Application by clicking on the "Documents" tab as instructed. All items must be submitted electronically. Please do not send any mail, unless instructed to do so.
Test Scores: We only require unofficial test scores, which you may upload to your application.
Payment: Your application fee will be linked to your application after 24 hours.
Letters of Recommendation (LORs): Your requests for LORs will be sent automatically when you formally submit your UB application. When recommenders complete their letters, they will automatically be attached to your online application. If you need to resend LOR requests, you can do so on your application after you formally submit your application. If you need to change recommender information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email address.
Decisions: Your status will remain "NA" until a decision has been made on your application. You can expect to hear from us via email anytime through April.
If you need additional assistance, contact us:
Pharmaceutical Sciences Admissions
270 Kapoor Hall
Buffalo, NY 14214