Nearly 100 students attended the School of Pharmacy Student Association (SPSA) Fall Networking Event at the Hotel Lafayette on October 10, 2019.
This annual event provides an environment for students to network with pharmacists in various fields of pharmacy, including hospital, community, industry and managed care, and at various stages of their careers, including residents, fellows, clinical pharmacists and directors.
“Students enjoyed the atmosphere of the event and the ability to speak one-on-one with pharmacists,” says Viktoriya Avlasevich (PharmD ’21), SPSA secretary.
Many recent alumni attended the event to share their career experiences:
- Charisse Chehovich (PharmD '18), PGY-2 Pharmacy Chief Resident, Buffalo Psychiatric Center
- Brian Voorhees (PharmD ’18), Pharmacy Manager at CVS
- Nicholas Smith (PharmD/MS ’18), Post-doctoral researcher at New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences
- Jessica Greger (PharmD ’19), Neuropharmacology Fellow at Dent Neurologic Institute
- Merin Panthapattu (PharmD ’19), PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Resident, Middleport Family Health Center
- Robert Bennett (PharmD ’18), PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Resident, Buffalo Medical Group
- Troy Hoelzl (PharmD ’18), PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Resident, Buffalo Medical Group
Faculty participants included:
- James O'Donnell, dean
- Karl Fiebelkorn, Senior Associate Dean for Student, Professional and Community Affairs
- Maya Holsen, clinical assistant professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Edward Bednarczyk, Director of the Center for Health Outcomes, Pharmacoinformatics and Epidemiology
- Robert Wahler, clinical assistant professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Collin Clark, adjunct instructor, Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Nicole Albanese, clinical associate professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Companies represented at the event included:
- WNY Children's Psychiatric Center (Deanna Scibilia, PharmD '10)
- Independent Health (Keith Rowe, PharmD/MBA '10)
- Buffalo Medical Group
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- Fiebelkorn Associates, PLLC (Tina Fiebelkorn, BS '79)
- Buffalo VA Medical Center (Kristen Fodero, PharmD '14)
- Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Michael Milazzo, PharmD '05)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (Brian Burns, BS '94)
- Tops Markets
- Dent Neurologic Institute
- Life Technologies (Mark Stramaglia, BS '81)
- Middleport Family Health Center
- US Navy
For over 130 years, the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences has continually been a leader in the education of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists, renowned for innovation in clinical practice and research. The school is accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) and is the No. 1 ranked school of pharmacy in New York State and No. 22 in the United States by U.S. News & World Report.